Tuesday 23 April 2019

BEYOND MEASURE

BEYOND MEASURE
by Pam Finlay
Acrylic on Paper
April 2019
                                                                        
This painting I have been led to call “Beyond Measure”.
Ephesians 3:
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the Power that works in us.
21 Unto him be glory in the congregation (Gr. ecclesia - called out ones) by Christ Jesus throughout all generations of the ages of the ages. Amen.

“Beyond Measure” indicates something that is immeasurable, too large or extreme to calculate.

The reason I was given Elephants to paint is because they are the largest animal on earth. It would be very difficult to measure their size. They have no animal predators and their only predator is man.

After I was given the words “Beyond Measure” I was led to a background that I had started previously and immediately saw an elephant’s ear and trunk in the background. I knew then that this painting had begun. I instantly saw numerous circles forming before my eyes on the paper and God reminded me that His love is everlasting. A circle has no beginning or end. It is a reflection of eternity.

God’s Ecclesia (his called out ones) receive His extreme goodness. His goodness is eternal. He desires to do infinitely more than we can ever imagine. He is filling our cup to overflowing because we are heirs to His promise.

Thank you Lord for your unmerited favour that is flowing beyond measure in and through us.  We give you all the glory.   Amen.

Immeasurable blessings
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment