TEXTILE CREATIVE WORKSHOPS
FABRIC POSTCARD MONTAGES
In this workshop participants will create unique postcards that incorporate paint mediums and techniques of monoprinting, printing, image transferring, stamping and other textural effects. The fibre works produced could be compiled from images from holidays and found objects from the environment in which they live. They could be assembled creatively using the above techniques and embellishments.
Montage is the term given to selection, cutting and piecing together of diverse materials collated from varied sources and combining them in a singular composition.
FABRIC MEMORY BOOK
This workshop compiles stories into visual journals that offer a tactile experience for the participant. It incorporates mixed media techniques and ideas that are successful on fabric whilst using old and new materials. Design ideas, size, shape and themes will be discussed and decided upon. Colour and composition and textural elements such as collage will also be explored. The above evolves into the assemblage of fabrics and images to create a montage of varied materials and techniques. You don’t require a sewing machine for this workshop as many books can be created by hand stitching, glues and iron-on fusibles.
WELCOMING THE ARTIST WITHIN US
– An innovative approach to creative quilting, involving ways to broaden your creative impulse through expression.
- 1 or 2 days Beginners/Advanced
DESIGN CONCEPTS FOR QUILTERS
– Discover how to create a quilting masterpiece that visually inspires.
- 2 days Beginners/Advanced
EXPERIMENTING WITH MONOPRINTS, LINOCUTS ON QUILT BLOCKS.
- 2 days All levels
COLOUR HARMONY FOR QUILTERS
– Discover how certain colour combinations make for creating a quilting masterpiece.
- 2 days Beginners/Advanced
BASIC HAND QUILTING AND APPLIQUE
- How to and hints. My approach to the hand quilting and applique techniques.
HAND PAINTING ON FABRIC
- A hands on workshop to help you create individual quilts with your own artwork, exploring a variety of painting techniques including stenciling and stamping.
- All levels 1 day
AUSTRALIAN WILDFLOWERS IN APPLIQUÉ
- Featuring three dimensional flowers. These flowers which include gum blossom and geraldton wax, can be easily attached to quilts, cushions, etc. to embellish them in your own personal design.
- All levels 2 Days.
COTTAGE GARDEN STYLE 3 DIMENSIONAL FLOWERS
- Experiment with the use of wire edged ribbon, fabric, ruching techniques in making Sunflowers, Pansies, Fuchsias for starters. Students will leave workshop with samples of flowers which can be incorporated into their own design.
- All levels 2 days.
AUSTRALIAN BIRDS IN APPLIQUE
- The layering technique I have achieved for appliqueing our wildlife with hand painting techniques outlined in the form of facial features, wings and basic embroidery for finishing.
- Intermediate/Advanced 2 Days
QUILT DESIGN FROM A CONTEMPORARY PERSPECTIVE
– techniques to further your textile journey in producing “Art” quilts.