Saturday 5 July 2014

PETRA

"PETRA"  Pam Finlay June 2014
Acrylic on Canvas
 
 Close up detail of "Petra"
 

12/6/14

The Lord gave me the words, Petra and ledge of the rock.

The definition of “Petra” is a large mass of rock, a ledge, cliff, cave.  Of interesting note is that “Ledge” also means joint.  Conjoined with Jesus, two becoming one, united with him. 

Matthew 7 verse 24, 25:

24 Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.

Built on the rock, Jesus, our foundation stone.  Petra means rock(as defined above) and is used 15 times in the bible, mountain of a rock.  That “rock” is used to build houses in and on. 

Luke 6 verse 48
48 He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock.  And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock.

2 Samuel 22 verse 2
And he said, the Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

It denotes that firm foundation and it serves as a metaphor for our faith in Jesus Christ.   That unshakable foundation, that unmovable faith from God.  Jesus is called that Rock.   The Lord is setting His people on high places.

Psalm 18 verse 1,2.

1 I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.

2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in who I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

“Have I not commanded you, Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” Joshua 1 verse 9

Jesus, the rock of salvation.  He will deliver us.  He will heal us.  It’s all because of Jesus.  He came to save.  Jesus came humbly.  He is seeking for us to enter into His presence at a deeper level.  We are to operate out of our spiritual senses (the Holy Spirit guidance) and rest and trust in Him. 
 
Blessings
Pam

 
 

                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment