Wednesday 23 November 2016

THAT BIG RED BOW

"That Big Red Bow"
Pam Finlay
Acrylic on Paper
November 2016
While painting yesterday I looked at a background and immediately saw a “big red bow”.  I knew there must be a reason why this showed up so clearly in my painting and sensed it meant “in common union”, bound together by God’s love. 

Bows historically have been traditionally tied on gifts to mean bringing people together in peace and harmony.  That’s what God does, He unites people together in Him.   He desires for us to bond together and be there for each other too, having that last bond of friendship. 

I thought too of the scripture in Joshua 2 and the scarlet cord.  Upon searching I discovered in Hebrew language the word “Tiqvah” means hope.  The Strong’s dictionary defines it as a cord, expectation, hope, thing I long for.  The cord of scarlet thread in the window in Joshua 2.  That scarlet thread was Rahab’s hope.  We put our hope in Christ Jesus as our sure foundation.  He is our hope. 
I also thought of the scriptures from Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope (NKJV)
And Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (NIV)
It all started with that big red bow and again the Holy Spirit led me on a path of discovery. 

Jesus is our living hope and we are all wrapped up in Him.
Blessings and love,
Pam.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment