Tuesday 19 May 2015

THE BREATH OF GOD



Pam Finlay
"The Breath of God"
Acrylic on Canvas
May 2015
 
It all starts with a repentant heart.
Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me (NIV).
Three words have been resounding in my spirit. 
They are the words  RESTORE     REVIVE     RENEW
The word REVIVE is mentioned 9 times in Psalm 119.  9 is the number of finality, fullness, fruitfulness in scripture.  There are 9 fruit of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) and 9 gifts of the spirit (I Corinthians 12:1-11).
The words restore, revive, and renew I have found all have the same meaning.  The words all mean bringing back something that is ineffective, broken dead, and dormant.  When you restore, revive, renew something you are bringing it back to life, breathing new life into it, bringing it back into existence.   
In Psalm 119 the word “Revive” is mentioned 9 times in this scripture:
25 Revive me according to Your word
37 Revive me in Your way
40 Revive me in Your righteousness
88 Revive me according to Your loving-kindness
107 Revive me, O Lord, according to Your word
149 O Lord, revive me according to Your justice
154 Revive me according to Your word
156 Revive me according to Your judgments
159 Revive me, O Lord, according to Your loving-kindness
The word renew is mentioned in Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint (NKJV).
Faith keeps hope alive.  Pressing on towards the mark set before us, Philippians 3:14
I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (NKJV)
The word restore is mentioned in Psalm 51
12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit (NKJV)
Zechariah 9:12 mentions that God will restore double to you.  Zechariah 10 speaks of the restoration of Judah and Israel.   Galatians 6:1 speaks of restoring in you a spirit of gentleness and in Matthew 17:11 Jesus speaks of Elijah coming first to restore all things.  God’s main objective is that we pursue holiness, purity and humility.   He wants to restore, renew and revive you with His breath.  His breath is blowing upon you and His breath is sealing you with His promise, your destiny in Christ Jesus.   There is life in his breath but whatever is wicked His breath will destroy.   This painting was painted before receiving the above words.  The first thing that the Lord shared with me was a picture of Him breathing what looked like a wind over the masses of humanity, stirring up the waters.  I was given the words “When Shiloh Comes” and the scriptures from Revelation 5:5 and Revelation 21:27.  The word “Shiloh” means “he who is sent” and is mentioned in Genesis 49:10.  When Shiloh comes the rest will come.  Shiloh is coming again to rule and reign. 
As I was painting the Lord gave me the word “Pylons” and I could actually see them in the painting after I had applied random collage shapes.  His breath alone will break off the man-made structures (which are representative of the pylons) in the spiritual and in the natural.  Anything that is not of Him He is dealing with.  The tares are coming out and he will restore, revive and renew us with a pure heart which will bloom and be full of new life.  God is dealing with the enemy, with the breath of His lips he shall slay the wicked (as it tells us in Isaiah 11:4) and he is restoring, reviving and renewing us into the person that He desires us to be, progressing us into the mature character of Christ – the scripture that reminds me of this is in Isaiah 11:2, the seven spirits of God that rested upon Jesus, resting upon His people
Isaiah 11:2 The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord (NKJV)
 
The scripture I was given today after completing the painting which also describes the painting was
Isaiah 43:16-21(NKJV)
16 Thus says the Lord, who makes a way in the sea and a path through the mighty waters,
17 Who brings forth the chariot and horse, the army and the power (They shall lie down together, they shall not rise; they are extinguished, they are quenched like a wick):
18 Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old
19 Behold I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it?   I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
20 The beast of the field will honour Me, the jackals and ostriches, because I give waters in the wilderness and rivers in the desert, to give drink to My people, My chosen.
21 This people I have formed for Myself; They shall declare My praise.

Ezekiel 37:5 Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live(NKJV)

Do not remember the former things, nor consider things of old.  He is doing a new thing and it shall spring forth.  I give God all the glory!
 
Blessings and love
Pam
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment