Friday 15 May 2015

THE LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH

"The Lion of the Tribe of Judah"
Pam Finlay
Acrylic on Canvas
May 2015
 


I knew it would only be a matter of time before Jesus would prompt me to paint Him again as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah.  This painting started off as a picture of the Tree of Life with Iris blooms in the foreground (incidentally the definition of the name Iris means rainbow).  Initially when I commenced painting Holy Spirit was speaking to me about coming in His people and giving them access to the fruit of the Tree of Life,that the tree is in the middle of the garden (Rev 22:2).  

 Jesus being the door, He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and He is inviting us to enter in (John 14:2-4, 5).  Today the painting took on a new direction and was transformed in a short period of time to the Lion of The Tribe of Judah transparently layered with paint over the Tree of Life.  The nose formed over the trunk of the tree and His chin over the roots.  Upon the Lord’s leading I placed the Lion of the Tribe of Judah in the painting and the painting came together in just over an hour, supernaturally guided by God.  I looked at the painting when it was finished and could see an emerald rainbow around His head and the Holy Spirit told me it was a picture of Revelation 4:3 - "And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald."

 When I painted today in the spirit I watched His story unfolding before my eyes, it was God's miracle working power in motion and I was a flowing conduit for Jesus.   I am in awe of Him and I love him with all of my heart. 

Blessings and love

Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment