Monday 19 October 2015

GOD'S EVERLASTING LIGHT

God's Everlasting Light
Pam Finlay
October 2015
 
 

This painting was commenced on 17 October.  Initially the scripture from Revelation 1:13 resounded in my spirit. 

Revelation 1:13

And in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band

In Revelation 1:4 and Isaiah 11:2 it speaks of the seven lamps – the seven spirits of God. 

 I was also in Zechariah 3 and 4.  Jesus Christ standing in the middle of the seven branched lampstand, the seven spirits of God.  He is in the midst.  As I researched about the lampstand in scripture the Lord revealed much.  The lamp of God, fuelled, aflame and brightly burning with His truth.  The seven fold supply of the golden oil, the complete infilling of the Holy Spirit given to the overcomer.  I counted 49 pipes on the Menorah I had painted and afterwards discovered much significance regarding this.  The seven lamps are shining forth as one with the Messiah.  He is the centre of the Menorah and we are his branches.  We are being filled with His light and oil.  He is the light of the world.  He upholds us and provides support to all of the branches, He empowers us to shine for Him.   As we shine together we carry His light that shines, His light that dispels the darkness.  When He fills us with His Holy Spirit we are lit with His everlasting lamp inside our hearts. 

John 15:5

“I am the vine, you are the branches.  He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing (NKJV)

John 8:12

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life (NKJV)

As I was completing the painting I heard the scripture from Matthew 5:15-16

15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. 

We carry His light that shines, His light that dispels the darkness.  It is not to be hidden but it to illuminate the whole house, the everlasting light of His word and His Spirit. 

I will carry the flame for you Jesus, the fire of Your Holy Spirit.    You, Lord will light my lamp; The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness (Psalm 18:28).  Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path (Psalm 119:105).

Blessings and love

Pam

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment