Saturday 31 October 2015

V FOR VICTORY

"V For Victory"
Pam Finlay
Acrylic on Canvas
October 2015
In the background of this painting I could see the face of the Lion of the Tribe of Judah overlooking the ocean and I could see the reflection of an eagle in the ocean.  I could also see the reflection of Mount Zion in the shape of the “V”.  Revelation 5 is the scripture that inspired this painting.  The large "V" just happened in the background as I was painting and I heard in my spirit "V for Victory".  Jesus as the lion, Jesus as the Lamb.  He is both the conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah and the Lamb who was slain.  The lion and the lamb are two aspects of his nature.  He sacrificed his life so that we could be set free.  He conquered sin and death at the cross.  The cross was the ultimate victory.  As the Lion He is the conquering King.  Many scriptures speak of "victory".  
Deuteronomy 20:4 For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory (NIV)
1 John 5:4 for whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that overcomes the world - our faith (NKJV)
Revelation 21:6-7 and he said to me "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water without payment.  The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be His God and he will be My son"(ESV)
The old sin nature replaced with Christ's victorious nature.  We can live in His victory every day to the glory of God.  Our victory is obtained through our Lord Jesus Christ.  He has given us the victory in every situation we go through.  We can walk every day in His victory.  He causes us to triumph and we are overcomers.  We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength (Philippians 4:13) in all things we are more than conquerors (Romans 8:37)
We give glory to God and honour His name and Christ's victory reigns supreme in our hearts.
His Victory is of excellence.  What a Mighty God we serve.  The Lion of the Tribe of Judah has prevailed. 
Blessings and love
Pam
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment