Thursday 4 January 2018

I THEE WED

"I Thee Wed"
Pam Finlay
Acrylic on Canvas
January 2018


This painting is called “I Thee Wed”.
When the bridegroom and bride exchange rings in the wedding ceremony the words spoken are “with this ring I thee wed”.    It is the last part of the wedding vow and the rings seal the bond for life between the groom and his bride. Throughout history the wedding ring has been the emblem of eternity.  It serves as a reminder of the covenant you made on this day before God.  After the vows are exchanged the veil is lifted and the groom kisses his bride. 

As I was painting this I was thinking of the pledge we make to our Saviour, Jesus Christ, on the day we ask him into our heart.   It is so like a marriage vow, a life-long commitment to love, honour and obey the beloved.  We become one with Him on this day.  Two hearts joined as one. 

Song of Solomon 8: 6 Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; for love is as strong as death, jealousy as cruel as the grave; its flames are flames of fire, a most vehement flame.  (NKJV)

Love and blessings,
Pam




No comments:

Post a Comment