Tuesday 30 January 2018

ON THE WINGS OF A DOVE

Pam Finlay
"On the Wings of a Dove"
Acrylic on canvas
January 2018


The following scripture from the Passion Translation is speaking to me through this painting.  The verses below stand out but the whole of Song of Solomon 2 speaks to my heart for this season.  It’s the season for the dove company to arise and awaken.  God’s love is guiding them through.  He is gathering the ones who have become a living sacrifice unto Him.   They have made an everlasting covenant with Papa God. The doves have found their resting place upon the earth.  Those wine goblets are being filled up and poured out. 
Song of Solomon 2:
1  I am truly his rose,
The very theme of his song.
I am overshadowed by his love,
Growing in the valley.
5 Revive me with your goblet of wine.
 Refresh me again with your sweet promises,
 Help me and hold me, for I am lovesick! 
11 The season has changed,
The bondage of your Barren winter has ended,
And the season of hiding is over and gone.
The rains have soaked the earth.
12 And left it bright with blossoming flowers.
The season for pruning the vines has arrived.
I hear the cooing of doves in our land,
Filling the air with songs
To awaken you and guide you forth.
(TPT)
 
Blessings,
Pam
 





No comments:

Post a Comment